Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Arno Illmann <ar...@gmx.de> on 2001/09/25 13:34:41 UTC

Documentation of sitemap syntax, XSP-Logicsheets and configuring for actions

Dear Cocoon Users and Developers,

Ahead I beg your pardon for my germlish. Following a few questions about sitemap syntax, XSP-Logicsheets and configuring for actions. I think these questions are a good example for the questions of a c2 idiot v0.2RC1 0:) . The answers should be added in the below mentioned documentations and what I can do is supplie it in xdoc format to Jeremy Aston and his "The Cocoon Two Idiots Guide" at http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig/index.html .

1) Where to find additional detailed syntax and usage of sitemap tags?

A few days ago I tried to put out i.e. a HTML head with caching information, but it doesn't do it (was not parsed or outputted). I found some snippets on this mailing list. My test was (map:aggregate did it):

<map:match pattern="welcome">
<map:aggregate element="page"
   ns="http://lokalzumhost/arnoillmann">
     <map:part src="docs/static.xml" element="arno"
        ns="http://lokalzumhost/arno"/>
     <map:part src="docs/dynamic.xsp" element="illmann"
        ns="http://lokalzumhost/illmann"/>
    </map:aggregate>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/simple-page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:act type="http-header-action">
      <map:parameter name="expires" value="0"/>
      <map:parameter name="Pragma" value="no-cache"/>
      <map:parameter name="Cache-Control" value="no-cache"/>
    </map:act>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

The very helpful overview/documentation v1.0 from Berin Loritsch (to find in thread "cocoon 2 tutorial") or the profound documentation on the Cocoon 2 Site about sitemap tags don't provide this information.

2) A next question is about the (deprecated?) built-in XSP logicsheets, i.e response.xsl (\src\org\apache\cocoon\components\language\markup\xsp\java\request.xsl) or util.xsl.
I know, i should work with actions in the sitemap, but where can I find the corresponding elements in c2?

3) Why is the request taglib in use and the response taglib not, respectivly is an action set defined for i.e HTTP reguest and where to find those in the cocoon code base. Respectivly can someone give an overview of the contents  and a what-to-do-with-it (beside building a war file) of these folders in \src\org\apache\cocoon\:

\acting\
\components\browser\
\components\language\markup\sitemap\java\
\components\language\markup\xsp\
\components\language\markup\
\environment\http\
\environment\wrapper\
\environment\
\selection\
\sitemap\

Concerning Carsten Ziegelers mail in thread "Apache Cocoon 2 RC Release" [ ... The schedule for the final version of Cocoon 2 is estimated at 4-6 weeks from today. This heavily depends on the feedback of the current Cocoon 2 users. We expect that the changes between the release candidate and the final version only concern documentation updates. But this is a very difficult and time consuming task. ...] I will post this to cocoon-dev too. I hope this is o.k. and constructive. If it's the wrong place for documentation feedback, let me know.

Thanks in advance and congratulations and many thanks to the C2 developer team for releasing RC1!

Best regards, Arno Illmann

Re: Documentation of sitemap syntax, XSP-Logicsheets and configuring for actions

Posted by Arno Illmann <ar...@gmx.de>.
Yes, thanks. Where can I find information about this protocol ? :) Wasn't in the docs on the c2 site or in the how-to from Berin Loritsch. The <map:part> tag isn't described there too.

sergio.carvalho@acm.org wrote:
> 1) I think you have to use the cocoon: protocol
> to refer to internal resources for parts in <map:part>

Thanks, Arno (c2 idiot v0.2RC1)

Re: Documentation of sitemap syntax, XSP-Logicsheets and configuring for actions

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
1) I think you have to use the cocoon: protocol to refer to internal resources
for parts in <map:part>
2) Dunno...
3) Since Cocoon pipelines its content, when an XSP page is being processed there
is no guarantee that HTTP output hasn't already begun. So, using C2's
architecture, it is impossible to have a response taglib.

From: Arno Illmann <ar...@gmx.de>
--

> [...]
> \components\language\markup\
> \environment\http\
> \environment\wrapper\
> \environment\
> \selection\
> \sitemap\
>

> Concerning Carsten Ziegelers mail in thread "Apache Cocoon 2 RC Release" [ ...
The schedule for the final version of Cocoon 2 is estimated at 4-6 weeks from
today. This heavily depends on the feedback of the current Cocoon 2 users. We
expect that the changes between the release candidate and the final version only
concern documentation updates. But this is a very difficult and time consuming
task. ...] I will post this to cocoon-dev too. I hope this is o.k. and
constructive. If it's the wrong place for documentation feedback, let me know.

> Thanks in advance and congratulations and many thanks to the C2 developer team

Sergio Carvalho
sergio.carvalho@acm.org