Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Johan Maasing <jo...@zoom.nu> on 2005/09/18 09:06:23 UTC

Re: jwc files and annotations (abstract methods)

Muralidhar Y. wrote:
> Hi if that is the case how does tapestry recognise which abstract methods
> have to be implemented at runtime and which should not be. For an instance I
> had 2 abstract methods which should not be implemented by tapestry and 2
> abstract methods which I want tapestry to be implemented. Of course all the
> 4 methods are getter methods( I assume we are not saying anywhere in
> tapestry that 2 methods are properties and 2 methods are not properties even
> though they are getter methods like we are declaring properties in .page
> file in 3.0.3)

Perhaps I misunderstand you but at runtime no methods can be abstract.
It is impossible to create an instance of a class that is abstract, if
you do not provide an implementation of a method tapestry must do so.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.1.1.1

> Muralidhar Y
> Software Engineer,
> Adastrum technologies-Nikai groups,