Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/12 18:43:36 UTC

Interview Questions asked

Hi,

Does anybody has interview questions which was asked during their interview
on hadoop?

I found few on internet but if somebody who has attended the interview can
give us an idea , that will be great.

Thanks
Krish

Re: Interview Questions asked

Posted by Adrien Mogenet <ad...@contentsquare.com>.
I'm often asking candidates to explain :

- how to compute the average values of a set?
- then, why adding/not adding a combiner?
- how to extract set of distinct values?

And, if the candidate is more a sysadmin than a developer, some questions
about network topology, disk configurations, (I/O kernel scheduling,
failure management, etc.

--

*Adrien Mogenet*
Head of Backend/Infrastructure