Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wo...@pta.de on 2010/04/07 12:07:26 UTC

WG: [Trinidad] Trinidad 1.2.13 shortcomings: create bug track entries for them?

Hi,

Reposted this as I think I got the wrong end of the mailing list for this
issue..;)

Recently we tried to update from 1.2.9 to 1.2.13 -btw we were testing the
releases in between and they seemed ok- and now it looks as if we were
stuck with this version. Because of the following effects, our application
did not work anymore as expected:

1 Trinidad's JS Object TrRequestQueue is not anymore found when we try to
address it in our Java Script i.e. it seems there is a new execution order
in command; the consequence, for instance, is that when we try to override
the alerError function to redirect the error to something else than the
not-so-nice JS Trinidad popup we cannot do this anymore; in our template
page we set
<trh:head>
 <title>..</title>
  http-equiv="Content-Type"
  content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
 <script
  src="#{request.contextPath}/js/ourJavaScript.js"
  type="text/javascript" />
</trh:head>

2 the tree tag rendering now works by generating duplicate IDs which
Trindad itself criticizes in its log; a closer look reveals that in 1.2.13
we now get a span for each node which always has the same ID as the tree
itself..

3 the Trinidad poller Component seems to have changed as well, because
after completing the setup idle interval time of, in our case, 5 minutes a
complete refresh  is executed, which in our case, sometimes -depending on
the rsp. page- leads to redirect back to the URL of the browser's address

My question is rather organizational: should I open track entries in the
JIRA for each of these issues? Or are these effects due to some basic but
new configuration singular for 1.2.13 which we missed ??

Thanks,
Wolfgang.

PTA Programmier-Technische Arbeiten GmbH
Seckenheimer Str. 65-67, 68165 Mannheim
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 1139
USt-IdNr.: DE 143 839 368
Geschäftsführer:
Dipl.-Ing. Peter Fischer
Dr. Harald W. Busch
Dipl.-Kfm. Knut Fischer

http://www.pta.de
Mit 1875 Erfahrungsberichten aus 41 Jahren erfolgreicher Projektarbeit!

PTA Programmier-Technische Arbeiten GmbH
Seckenheimer Str. 65-67, 68165 Mannheim
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 1139
USt-IdNr.: DE 143 839 368
Geschaeftsfuehrer: