Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Flores, Paul A." <PA...@SAIC.COM> on 2018/05/01 21:09:30 UTC

DOTNET Binding Availablity

Hi All,

Is there DOTNET binding support available for Visual Studio 15 2017 for qpid-cpp-1.38.0?

Thanks!

Paul

________________________________

This communication (including any attachments) may contain information that is proprietary, confidential or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that further dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Anyone who received this message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return email and delete it from his or her computer.

Re: DOTNET Binding Availablity -Information Request

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
I would recommend looking at AMQP.Net Lite as referenced by Chuck,
certainly if you are starting fresh code.

Re: DOTNET Binding Availablity -Information Request

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 02/05/18 16:05, Chuck Rolke wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Check out https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/25201387/dotnet-binding-for-cpp-messaging-designpatterns-1_2.odt
>
> Using qpid messaging with a binding like this had many challenges:
>
>   * The binding was not directly coupled with changes to underlying cpp code.
>     One had to watch for behavior changes in cpp and reflect them in the binding.
>
>   * It was hard getting the native libraries (qpid-messaging, boost) where
>     they needed to be in order to be used by the binding.
>
>   * There were 32-bit vs. 64-bit issues between .Net and native DLLs.
>
>   * Debuggers do not step gracefully out of .Net code into native code.
>
>   * Unmanaged threads are just out of reach of the binding's control.
>
> Getting a system as complicated as qpid-messaging to work in this environment
> was fragile. Certainly it's not impossible and C++/clr is a powerful
> technology to make it happen.
>
> Good luck!

The code is
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid-proton/repo?p=qpid-cpp.git;a=tree;f=bindings/qpid/dotnet;h=d77c92d8611cc75b776d5f66fd6f3c098bf1970f;hb=HEAD

Re: DOTNET Binding Availablity -Information Request

Posted by "Flores, Paul A." <PA...@SAIC.COM>.
Thanks!

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.