Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Puneet Lakhina <pu...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/06 14:17:44 UTC

Building Subversion from Source. Cant find berkeley db

Hi,
I am trying to build subversion 1.4.6 with berkley db 4.6 from source. I
have also downloaded and unzipped the dependencies package from the
subversion website. I built berkley-db and it was installed without
problems.

Now when I try and run ./configure inside the unzipped subversion source i
Get the following error:
checking for Berkeley DB... not found
configure: error: Berkeley DB not found.

The command I am trying to run is as follows

./configure --with-berkely-db=/usr/local/BerkleyDB.4.6/

I have also hereby attached the config log. Il be grateful if you could
point out what could be the problem.

Thanks

--
Puneet
http://sahyog.blogspot.com/

Re: Building Subversion from Source. Cant find berkeley db

Posted by Nathan Fiedler <na...@gmail.com>.
I notice the option name is misspelled (at least it looks like it, I
don't have the configure script on hand to check). Try using
--with-berkeley-db and see if that helps. And make sure the path name
is spelled correctly as well.