Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/06 01:05:13 UTC

SystemML Git Notes

Hi,

I've created a GitHub Gist page with some of the git-related information
that I've found most useful recently, similar to Mike's "SystemML Git
Guide" Gist page. This page deals primarily with information that is useful
for a committer handling pull requests or doing things such as updating the
SystemML documentation or website. I'll add to it as I learn to handle more
complicated situations with git. A lot of git commands are very powerful,
so it's good to have a good understanding of what they mean before
executing them.

This page is located at:
https://gist.github.com/deroneriksson/e0d6d0634f3388f0df5e

Deron

Re: SystemML Git Notes

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Good point. Maybe we can create a similar page containing some guidelines
for project committers. It would probably be even nicer to have a similar
project page regarding best practices for beginners to contribute to the
project (forking, cloning, branching, branch naming, etc).

Re: SystemML Git Notes

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: SystemML Git Notes

Posted by Mike Dusenberry <du...@gmail.com>.