Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Thavutam, Prashanth" <1t...@toysrus.com> on 2003/11/11 21:29:58 UTC

DB2 on OS/390

Hi,

We are trying to implement the JetSpeed portal on OS/390 with DB2. Using
CLOB data types are discouraged in our environment. VARCHAR is allowed to
set upto 32K(may be 64K) in length.

Has anyone implemented JetSpeed portal on OS/390 environment with DB2?,
what are the challenges that you had to face, any code changes needed?.
Would the portal work with objectdata/profile data type set to varchar?. if
yes, what is the maximum length should I use, we don't have too many
portlets, may be 20 max?.
If we can't get this working with DB2, we have an option to use Oracle, but
with restricted data types(CLOBs not allowed). In that case can I use
"long"?.

We need to get this done asap, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashanth