Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Graham Anderson <gr...@siren.cc> on 2006/07/08 01:14:18 UTC

Subclipse and ssh+svn problems

I am having problems connecting to my repository with svn+ssh using
Subclipse

On the command line, I CAN get to my repository with:
svn list svn+ssh://svn@www.mysite.com/home/svn/repository/mysite/trunk

Within Subclipse, the subverison plugin for Eclipse, I entered:
svn+ssh://www.mysite.com/home/svn/repository
As suggested by the Subclipse FAQ, I left out the username.

With the above, I got the error:

Error validating location:
"org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Network connection
closed unexpectedly
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

I did install the recommended 'Metissian' 1.3.1 subversion package
that contains JavaHL...but that does not seem to be enough
> OS X: We recommend that you install the Metissian Subversion
> package. This package includes JavaHL and installs everything in a
> way that it is recognized by Subclipse. Download the package at
> http://metissian.com/projects/macosx/subversion/.

anyone know ?

many thanks

Re: Subclipse and ssh+svn problems

Posted by Graham Anderson <gr...@siren.cc>.
thanks :)

when I switched to JavaSVN, everything worked as advertised

I am still a bit shaky with Eclispe and trying to figure out if it is
better than my trusty text editor,BBedit,  for php/css/javascript/svn
At this point, Eclipse seems rather top heavy and very slow
Guess time will tell

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com>.