Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dave Kaufman <dk...@nac.net> on 2000/12/20 12:14:21 UTC

Re: POST with PERL

IronHand <cz...@zsno.ids.czest.pl> wrote:

> I have a little problem. A wrote a perl-script to manage
guestbook-like
> section of my page. Script is working, but from the shell. When I
try to
> post a data through html form I get an error saying that post method
is
> not suported by this document. It's in directory with options
ExecCGI and
> FollowSymLinks. There is also a script handler for .cgi. What's the
> matter?
> Thanks from advance

the mod_perl mailing list isn't really the place to find an answer to
this type of question.  try looking for a general-purpose CGI FAQ such
as:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~johnpc/cgi-programming-for-dummies-FAQ.html

or one of the newsgroups devoted to Apache & Perl CGI like:

    comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi
or  comp.lang.perl.misc

-dave