Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/26 16:49:55 UTC

Points of contact to the team

Hello

So this dev mailing list is a great start and probably sufficient right
now.  But wanted to start thinking about the forms of communication we
should also support as we progress.

IRC appears to be a must if not for any other reason than Tony seems to
live in IRC.

What about something like HipChat?  That seems to  be gaining favor.
Perhaps we can do both.  It is really just a matter of where folks can have
some sort of presence.

I've noticed some projects also do things like keep an eye on Stackoverflow
and the like.

Not entirely sure of what is acceptable from an Apache perspective.  I know
there are a lot of considerations to ensuring that all communications are
public to the greatest extent possible and that they're memorialized.

Other thoughts?

Thanks
Joe

Re: Points of contact to the team

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
As an Apache culture point, it's preferable to do as much via
archived, email, mailing list stuff as possible. If you want a
real-time channel when you are hacking on the fly, sure, but just keep
in mind that decisions, and discussions that lead towards decisions,
should show up here.

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.