Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Coulter Karen <ka...@architechcorp.com> on 2005/01/12 19:28:00 UTC

Problem with SSL login (may be a server-side proxy???)

Thanks for the help in advance.  I'm new at this.  I'm trying to log on to a secure site via HttpClient.  This works through a browser, but not thru HttpClient.  Below is the stack trace and code I'm trying to execute.  The writeRequest is getting through but the readResponse is failing.  I have attached my trace log as well as 2 files showing the Ethereal trace using HttpClient and using the browser.

--Karen

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

PostMethod authpost = null;

try {

authpost = new PostMethod("https://egwxea.bellatlantic.com/proxyplugin/login.loginproc");

NameValuePair userName = new NameValuePair("usr", "xxxxxxxx");

NameValuePair pwd = new NameValuePair("password", "xxxxxxxx");

NameValuePair redturl = new NameValuePair("redturl", "");

NameValuePair submit = new NameValuePair("SUBMIT", "Continue");

authpost.setRequestBody(new NameValuePair[] {userName,pwd,redturl,submit});

client.executeMethod(authpost);

} finally {

authpost.releaseConnection();

}

org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException: The server egwxea.bellatlantic.com failed to respond

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine(HttpMethodBase.java:1828)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse(HttpMethodBase.java:1588)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:999)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:382)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:168)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:393)

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:324)

at WisorScreenScrapeMain.doVerizon(WisorScreenScrapeMain.java:86)

at WisorScreenScrapeMain.main(WisorScreenScrapeMain.java:32)

Exception in thread "main"

Re: Problem with SSL login (may be a server-side proxy???)

Posted by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com>.
Hi, Karen,

Try adding this header to your request before you execute it:

Like so:

authpost.setRequestHeader( "content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" );

yours,

Julius

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Karen,

The Ethereal traces must have got discarded. Could you please try to
resend them?

Oleg