Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Saurabh Agrawal <ag...@umail.iu.edu> on 2017/12/27 18:52:59 UTC

Getting error while trying to clone experiment

Hi all,
Got this exception while trying to clone an experiment on SEAGrid using my
Python script.

(ENV) [js-17-195] sa0412
~/test/airavata-jupyter-notebook-client-->python3.6 test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 26, in <module>
    main()
  File "test.py", line 23, in main
    username, existing_exp_id, new_exp_name, new_exp_proj_id)
  File "/home/sa0412/test/airavata-jupyter-notebook-client/api.py", line
116, in clone_experiment
    cloned_exp_id = airavataClient.cloneExperiment(auth_token,
existing_exp_id, new_exp_name, new_exp_proj_id)
  File
"/home/sa0412/test/airavata-jupyter-notebook-client/apache/airavata/api/Airavata.py",
line 6244, in cloneExperiment
    return self.recv_cloneExperiment()
  File
"/home/sa0412/test/airavata-jupyter-notebook-client/apache/airavata/api/Airavata.py",
line 6277, in recv_cloneExperiment
    raise result.ase
apache.airavata.api.error.ttypes.AiravataSystemException:
AiravataSystemException(airavataErrorType=2, message='Error while cloning
the experiment with existing configuration. More info : Error while getting
the experiment. More info : User does not have permission to access this
resource')

The following statement clones an experiment:
airavataClient.cloneExperiment(auth_token, existing_exp_id, new_exp_name,
new_exp_proj_id)

BTW, I am able to launch an experiment using the following statement:
airavata_client.launchExperiment(auth_token, experiment_id, gateway_id)

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,
Saurabh Agrawal

Re: Getting error while trying to clone experiment

Posted by "Pamidighantam, Sudhakar V" <sp...@illinois.edu>.
Saurabh:

Perhaps some deeper debugging is needed as to which resource it is trying to access when the permission problem occurs.
Do you have access to the server logs.

I am not sure how the non URI input fields are saved for cloning.

Sudhakar.
On Dec 27, 2017, at 3:09 PM, Saurabh Agrawal <ag...@umail.iu.edu>> wrote:

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for replying.
Actually, my previous experiment was an echo experiment, and it only had a string input (Val1) and no file or other input.
Please suggest if it is required to provide permission on a string.
Also, what is the best way to provide permission on a string?

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Pamidighantam, Sudhakar V <sp...@illinois.edu>> wrote:
Cloning requires access to the data (inputs etc) from the previous experiment for reuse that are usually at the service host. Perhaps the permissions may be the issue in your case.

Sudhakar.

On Dec 27, 2017, at 1:52 PM, Saurabh Agrawal <ag...@umail.iu.edu>> wrote:

Hi all,
Got this exception while trying to clone an experiment on SEAGrid using my Python script.

(ENV) [js-17-195] sa0412 ~/test/airavata-jupyter-notebook-client-->python3.6 test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 26, in <module>
    main()
  File "test.py", line 23, in main
    username, existing_exp_id, new_exp_name, new_exp_proj_id)
  File "/home/sa0412/test/airavata-jupyter-notebook-client/api.py", line 116, in clone_experiment
    cloned_exp_id = airavataClient.cloneExperiment(auth_token, existing_exp_id, new_exp_name, new_exp_proj_id)
  File "/home/sa0412/test/airavata-jupyter-notebook-client/apache/airavata/api/Airavata.py", line 6244, in cloneExperiment
    return self.recv_cloneExperiment()
  File "/home/sa0412/test/airavata-jupyter-notebook-client/apache/airavata/api/Airavata.py", line 6277, in recv_cloneExperiment

Posted by Saurabh Agrawal <ag...@umail.iu.edu>.
Hi Sudhakar,