Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mikko Wuokko <Mi...@evtek.fi> on 2006/03/06 13:57:29 UTC

User info in LDAP

I've used now LDAP for the authentication, but now I'm lacking one
thing, the user info entered in the user registration form. The info
like given name and family name can be accessed after login from
USER_INFO variable, but they don't appear in the LDAP? Or do they and I
just can't see them? or don't know how to? Where do they are actually
stored?

I can see some of these in the PREFS_PROPERTY_VALUE table, but that
certainly is not any kind of persistent place to store them. So if I use
separate LDAP for authentication it would be good to maintain these
infos even when the portal is rebuild, because the actual authentication
info (username/password) is still there but not the other given info.

Should I rewrite some of the registration and/or login procedures or is
it already somewhere?

-Mikko

Re: User info in LDAP

Posted by Mikko Wuokko <Mi...@evtek.fi>.
Thanks. I'll see what I can get out of the code.

_mikko

Re: User info in LDAP

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikko,