Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com> on 2005/11/16 06:04:03 UTC

HtmlCommandSortHeader

Hi,

I'm seeing some odd behaviour with HtmlCommandSortHeader (SVN head).

This class adds code into a "broadcast" method which does stuff like this:
     dataTable.setSortColumn(getColumnName());

This method invoked on the data table will evaluate any value-binding.
So the *model* value that is bound to the sort column gets updated when
the broadcast method is executed.

And what I'm seeing is that this occurs during the "restore view" phase.

Is this really the intent? I was quite surprised to see managed bean
methods being invoked during the "restore view".

[NB: I'm still quite fuzzy about event handling, so am not sure what the
broadcast method should and should not be doing...]

Thanks,

Simon