Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com> on 2012/11/28 03:24:29 UTC

New DevCloud Appliance

I finally got the new DevCloud appliance working and tested in different appliances, thanks to Prasanna. The new appliance can be used both as a all in a box solution like the original DevCloud or you can run mgmt server and mysql on your host os and use it as a Xen server host and NFS infrastructure. It's about 862MB, and the whole setup can run within 1G RAM if you disable console proxy vm from global settings, also you may run multiple DevClouds.

It's available for download from:
http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/cloudstack/devcloud

More details on the blog:
http://rohityadav.in/logs/devcloud/

Please try the new appliance and report any issues.
Also help write a page on cwiki.a.o. Thanks.

Regards.

RE: New DevCloud Appliance

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com>.
Hi Jerry,

This appliance is for developers and users who won't have access to server and storage infrastructure and they would want to develop or try CloudStack on their laptops/desktops.
VirtualBox was chosen before it's free and opensource and available for everyone and is encouraged.

To answer you questions, yes it will work. The shipped ova is actually an archived vmdk image which can be imported into VMWare Fusion or Player, probably on workstation as well.
Create a new VM on your type-2 desktop hypervisor with two nics, first one should be host-only with promiscuous mode "allow all" and second as NAT.
Both of these network adapters are available on VirtualBox and also on VMWare Fusion/Player. Just make sure the host-only adapter has this network; 192.168.56.0/24.

Share on the ML if you've any issues. I don't have VMWare Fusion/Player or Workstation but I can try and help if there are any issues.

Regards.

I just wonder if it can be convert or import into esxi-based(or
VMware type-2 workstation) hypervisor, with which our team are
familiar.

Thanks
-Jerry

Re: New DevCloud Appliance