Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by david micheneau <dm...@in-fusio.com> on 2005/10/11 15:26:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with mod_proxy + chunked encoding

Hi,

We are currently using the "mod_proxy" (proxy + reverse proxy) Apache
module to forward some HTTP requests to an external HTTP

standalone server application. The HTTP clients contacting our front
Apache server are using chunked encoding + HTTP POST.

Our problem is that when Apache forwards the HTTP requests to the
external HTTP application, they are no more chunked,

and they don't have any content-length header either.

The HTTP application contacted handle correctly chunked requests, or
normal requests with content-lenght, but the

case of normal requests without content-length is not handled properly
:(

So, the question is: is there any way to:

  a) make Apache forwarding HTTP requests without any modification (keep
the body chunked).

or

  b) make Apache adding the body content-length, as it knows the total
length of the body he as "unchunked".

Or, maybe if you have any idea of another solution ?

Thanks for your help,

David.