Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Morten Simonsen <mo...@owera.com> on 2007/05/16 10:12:47 UTC

Getting 404 when trying to access default page in Tomcat when running in Eclipse

Hi

I have tried everything I can think of, but can't make the default page http://localhost:8080/ appear when I run Tomcat inside Eclipse. When I run Tomcat outside Eclipse, then I get the default page, no sweat! One difference I can see with my naked eye, is that there is some kind of basic authentication when I access the default page outside Eclipse, but no authentication when I access the default page "inside Eclipse".

I positive that the server.xml and web.xml are pretty correct (I can find the definition for the default-servlet, the web.xml is loaded, the server.xml is loaded, etc...) Still, there is no response other than 404. I can also not find any way to trigger a debug-mode (log) for the server.

I am getting pretty frustrated now, so if someone can please help me, I would be very glad.

thanks
Morten Simonsen

Re: Getting 404 when trying to access default page in Tomcat when running in Eclipse

Posted by domenico di leo <do...@gmail.com>.
What are you using ? Eclipse+Tomcat or Eclipse+ Web Tools Platform (WTP)?

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com>.
A FAQ I've written has been submitted, but hasn't made it to
the Web Tools web site yet.  For the time being, the answer to
your question can be viewed here as Troubleshooting question #5:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=67392#trouble_5

Cheers,
Larry