Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Hila Afargan <Hi...@tauex.tau.ac.il> on 2007/08/01 12:03:31 UTC

SVN commits fail- Can't get exclusive lock

Hello,
we can't make any commit commands to our SVN repository (running SVN on
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4) .
We tried different users on files, and all commit commands failed.
Here is an example:

> svn commit -m "No real change" mainSemphy.h
Sending mainSemphy.h
Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't get exclusive lock on file
'/SVN/db/transactions/2323-1.txn/rev-lock': No locks available

> svn status --show-updates
M            2323   mainSemphy.cpp
M            2323   mainSemphy.h
Status against revision:   2323

We tried to check if there are any locks:

> svnadmin lslocks /usr/users/evolution/pupkoSVN

didn't return any output. So we don't really have any locks. Could it be
some other issue?

We also run a recovery which worked ok:

> svnadmin recover /usr/users/evolution/pupkoSVN
Repository lock acquired.
Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
Recovery completed.
The latest repos revision is 2323.

But we still can't Commit?
Other commands, such as Update does work.
Thanks for your help.

Hila

RE: SVN commits fail- Can't get exclusive lock

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
A few days ago, we had also such an issue, and it turned out, that our disk was full. Maybe that's also your problem?

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk