Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tommy Pham <to...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/11 20:10:51 UTC

[S2.1.6] problem with value attribute for

Hi,

I think I found another bug ... I want to include whatever parameters in URL to a form submit action.  This is what I used.

<s:url var="urlFormActive" includeParams="get" />

<s:property value="%{urlFormActive}"/> or <s:property value="%{#urlFormActive}"/> shows the correct URL of:
/recipes/Admin/Languages?sort=isoCode2.

But when I use it in the <s:form>:

<s:form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" value="%{urlFormActive}">
or
<s:form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" value="%{#urlFormActive}">

The source code of the HTML shows:
/recipes/Admin/Languages

However, if I use action attribute instead of value, I get this:
/recipes/recipes/Admin/Languages?sort=isoCode2

Which isn't what I want either and will get a 404 error as there isn't a servlet or Struts action mapped for it.  Is anyone else having this same problem?  Should I submit a bug report?

Thanks,
Tommy

Re: [S2.1.6] problem with value attribute for

Posted by David Canos <da...@gmail.com>.
I think we haven't solve the main problem that is, the context appears in
the action attribute of a form builded from s:form tag.
is s:form ready to not to add the context in a production enviroment?

in my company we've decided, as Tommny, to use html tag <form> instead of
<s:form theme="simple">

thank u guys

Posted by Tommy Pham <to...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Tommy Pham <to...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the reply.  After going over the tags reference several times, I can't seem to figure out the simplest way to get all of the parameters in the URL as I'd like.  If use the form's action attribute in conjunction with <s:url />, I get an extra context path inserted.  What do you recommend since the <s:form> doesn't have 'includeParams' like <s:url>?

Thanks,
Tommy

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.