Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Garey Smiley <ga...@main.slink.com> on 1996/04/16 02:02:32 UTC

b1 error?

Is anyone else getting the following error compiling Apache 1.1b1?

gcc -c -O2 http_protocol.c
http_protocol.c: In function `rvputs':
http_protocol.c:765: `v' undeclared (first use this function)
http_protocol.c:765: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
http_protocol.c:765: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [http_protocol.o] Error 1

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
garey@slink.com
http://www.slink.com/
(216)848-1312 FAX/Data(216)699-4474

Re: b1 error?

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Garey Smiley wrote:

> Is anyone else getting the following error compiling Apache 1.1b1?
>
> gcc -c -O2 http_protocol.c
> http_protocol.c: In function `rvputs':
> http_protocol.c:765: `v' undeclared (first use this function)
> http_protocol.c:765: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> http_protocol.c:765: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [http_protocol.o] Error 1

Hmm. Compiles here, with nary a warning (even at -Wall), which is
interesting, since v is indeed undeclared. Looking at the function,
which start out with

int
rvputs(request_rec *r, ...)
{
    va_list args;
    va_start (args, r);
        x = va_arg(args, const char *);

and ends up with

            va_end(v);
    va_end(v);
}

I think that the va_end(v) occurances should be replaced with
va_end(args). It seems to work either way here. But I could be
wrong. Can someone who knows more about varargs than I do comment on
this?

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>