Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Parin Shah <pa...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/02 07:07:42 UTC

my SoC Experience @ httpd

Hi All,

I would like to share some of my experiences (in brief :-) ) about
Summer of Code program.

I worked on mod-cache-requester as a part of this program. and I had
great time while working on this module; learned a lot, got a chance
to interact with great guys; worked on one of the most popular web
server!

- It has been pleasure working with Ian. He is a great mentor, helped
me a lot during every stage of the project including CLA paper work!

- and dev@ list people helped me a lot through out this project. All
people were really interested in all problems I was facing and helped
me to get all the problems out of the way. Thank you all for your
help.

- So, what next? I believe, I would continue working
mod-cache-requester for a while. there is lot of great stuff we could
add in the mod-cache-requester. some of them are, integrating
sub-requests and removing dependencies on libcurl, even better page
popularity estimating algorithm etc...

- you can download mod-cache-requester  from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cache-requester. I would commit it
into repository as soon as I get the access.

Thank you once again,
Parin.