Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2008/04/21 11:07:43 UTC

Re: Dnsbl checks

=?utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBUYXlsb3I=?= writes:
> I'm having some issues getting the dns blacklists to work on a box.
> I have an ip in an email that I have verified manually that its listed in spamcop via dns query and via the webpage. However when I run the message through spamassassin it doesn't produce a hit. When ran with -D I see it queries all the blacklists but I never see anything indicating that it matched them.
>
> Any thoughts on things I can check on to figure this out?
> DCC,Razor,Pyzor works fine.

hi William --

check the resolv.conf configuration to ensure it's using a good
local nameserver; it may be hitting timeouts in SpamAssassin.

also, post the DNS debug logs... you may have to obscure the
blacklisted domain though.

--j.

RE: Dnsbl checks

Posted by Michael Hutchinson <mh...@manux.co.nz>.

Is this not a problem of Spamassassin not running network tests, because
it is a local message? Isn't there a commandline option to enable
network tests for a locally checked message?

Cheers,
Mike