Posted to user@struts.apache.org by marc <wd...@wilson.dk> on 2004/10/12 12:06:16 UTC

Mulitiple html:link but only one action

I have a jsp page with 3 html:link tags on it. I what all these links to
point to the same action, but each of them need to go to there own jsp
site. So I need to set/pass on a string with each link, so that I can
send the request the right place.

How do I do that??

Re: Mulitiple html:link but only one action

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@webmedx.com>.
So, apparently I completely misunderstood the problem.  I'll go back to
one of the HTML examples from one of my earlier posts:

To get the value 'page1' from within your Action, all you need to do is
'request.getParameter("display")'.  The corresponding html:link code
could be

paramName="bean1">text</html:link>

where 'bean1' is the name of a bean whose String value is "page1".

Have a look at the JavaDoc for DispatchAction.  You can create a
sub-class of DispatchAction with a method for each possible value of
your display attribute and DispatchAction will handle the rest.

-- Jeff

Posted by marc <wd...@wilson.dk>.

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@webmedx.com>.

Posted by marc <wd...@wilson.dk>.