Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Felix Maeder <fe...@wyona.com> on 2003/02/14 17:17:18 UTC

Experiences with Cocoon & Microsoft SQLServer?

Hi list,

Does anyone use Cocoon in connection with Microsoft SQLServer in a
production environment? What are the experiences? Are there any known
issues with this combination?

Thanks a lot
-Felix

Re: Experiences with Cocoon & Microsoft SQLServer?

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@vip.net.pl>.
On pią, lut 14, 2003 at 05:17:18 +0100, Felix Maeder wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Does anyone use Cocoon in connection with Microsoft SQLServer in a
> production environment? What are the experiences? Are there any known
> issues with this combination?
The combination works like a charm using inetsoftware jdbc driver. Using
microsoft free jdbc driver you may encounter some performance problems (
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=pl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver&selm=04bc01c2c878%2457d988a0%248af82ecf%40TK2MSFTNGXA03
) but for me it's quite ok.
	ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

Re: Experiences with Cocoon & Microsoft SQLServer?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 15 February 2003 03:22, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Don't use the MS SQL stuff (my personal opinion) it's garbage!

Or use an old enough version, where most the code are from the Sybase codebase
(was it ver 3?). MS SQL is another good example where "we take this perfect
product and add a nice UI", turning into "oops, why is there a problem?"....

Niclas

Re: Experiences with Cocoon & Microsoft SQLServer?

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@vip.net.pl>.
On pią, lut 14, 2003 at 08:22:28 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> I tried it but didn't like the result!
>
> e.g. the "Select * from table" were working fine, but I had trouble with
>  "Update", "insert into",....
>
> Despite that I never got it working that I could got the data "where
> date=<xsp-parameter-request .../>". I wasn't patient enough to get to
> the course.

because it should be where date = '<xsp-request:get-parameter name="xxx"/>'
	ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

RE: Experiences with Cocoon & Microsoft SQLServer?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
I haven't used the two together, but there seem to be a fair number of
people on the list who do.  I am sure a good deal has to do with the quality
of the jdbc driver you use.  I've heard of people having better luck with
some commercial drivers than with the jdbc-odbc one.

Geoff

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.org>.
Hi Felix,