Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/06/10 20:31:28 UTC

Re[2]: Logging while initializing config file question...

Thanks, that is good information that I didn't know.

However, what if I want to
put out my own messages within my init servlet.  This is before any
calls to configure().  I do a bunch of checking to make sure that file
path passed to the servlet exists and whether the webapp is running
off the filesystem or directly from a .war file.

In that case, is my only option System.out.println(String)?

Jake

Monday, June 10, 2002, 1:11:53 PM, you wrote:

TTM> Assuming that you're using XMLConfigurator, you can use the following
TTM> adjuration in your config file:

TTM> <log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j='http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/'
TTM>                 debug="true" threshold="debug">

TTM> This will cause Log4j to issue log statements to System.out during
TTM> initialization and at some other occasions (e.g. when files roll etc). Error
TTM> messages will be dumped to System.err irrespective of debug set to true or
TTM> not. All Log4j messages to System err/out are prefixed with 'LOG4j:'

TTM> Hope this helps.

TTM> --

TTM> Thomas

Best regards,