Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Laurent Michenaud <lm...@adeuza.fr> on 2005/11/03 11:31:41 UTC

Word documents in read-only with OpenOffice

Hi,

2 questions :

1) When i opened word documents with OpenOffice ( via web folder ), they
are in read-only.

Is it a slide issue or an openoffice issue ?

2) I can't open openoffice document using web folders. Do I have to
configure something

in slide ?

Thanks

Re: Word documents in read-only with OpenOffice

Posted by Martin Delgado <ma...@yahoo.com>.

> 1) When i opened word documents with OpenOffice (
> via web folder ), they
> are in read-only.
>
> Is it a slide issue or an openoffice issue ?

It's probably a permissions issue with your system.
How are you running Slide/Tomcat?  The user that
Slide's running as has to have write privileges for
the files it wants to write.

> 2) I can't open openoffice document using web
> folders. Do I have to
> configure something
>
> in slide ?

OpenOffice doesn't support Webdav properly inside MS
Windows.  To use it, you have to set
Tools/Options/General Use OpenOffice.org dialogs.
Then you have to punch in the URL.  It doesn't support
browsing.

I think there's some kind of Mime-ish setting on
Windows that OpenOffice is supposed to do to use Web
Folders that it's not doing.