Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de> on 2012/03/30 15:52:44 UTC

Product rental with shipping and selling

Hey guys,

1. Stock management
situation: I have a stock of *used *items like projectors. Now I want to
have these items on sale in my used items catagory. On the other handy I
want them for rental offers in my shop. Bothe Articles should use the same
product, that we can do a better stock management. If a customer rents this
projector the selling product should go to 0 items on stock, that no one can
buy it.

is that possible?

2. rental product detals in webstore
when I create a reantal product (product type "Fixed asset usage for
rental...") I still have the form for number of persons and number of rooms
there...ups, is it caused of the "asset usage" under the tab rental? Or how
do I have to change the product configuration to get just my "number of
days" in the frontenend?

3. keep tracking of rentals
Is there a way to see a calendar where I see when the rental product ist on
customer side?
Do the customer get calendar entries (dates) in the calendard for rental in
the frontened blocked, when the product is reserved there for another rental
to other customer?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the really beginner questions, but this
system is so massiv, that I have to check every process to get into it.

Best greetings from sunny Berlin :)

Robert

Re: Product rental with shipping and selling

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Robert2012 wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> 1. Stock management
> situation: I have a stock of *used *items like projectors. Now I want to
> have these items on sale in my used items catagory. On the other handy I
> want them for rental offers in my shop. Bothe Articles should use the same
> product, that we can do a better stock management. If a customer rents this
> projector the selling product should go to 0 items on stock, that no one can
> buy it.
>
> is that possible?

I never tried but I think so. A rental product is still a product but with an asset associated. I guess when ranted the product is
not part of the stock.

> 2. rental product detals in webstore
> when I create a reantal product (product type "Fixed asset usage for
> rental...") I still have the form for number of persons and number of rooms
> there...ups, is it caused of the "asset usage" under the tab rental? Or how
> do I have to change the product configuration to get just my "number of
> days" in the frontenend?

Not sure, maybe we miss some config possiblity for this type of product at
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProduct

> 3. keep tracking of rentals
> Is there a way to see a calendar where I see when the rental product ist on
> customer side?
> Do the customer get calendar entries (dates) in the calendard for rental in
> the frontened blocked, when the product is reserved there for another rental
> to other customer?

Not sure it's done automatically, Hans or/and Adrian could be more accurate here...

> Thanks in advance and sorry for the really beginner questions, but this
> system is so massiv, that I have to check every process to get into it.

HTH

Jacques

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
On 04/02/2012 06:32 AM, Robert2012 wrote:
> Thank you for your message.
> I allready use the product type you named.
>
> But still the qustions above are not cleared.
> - I still have the "number of persons" and so on as input form on my product
> details page (in webstore), but I do sell items, no rooms. I just need the
> "numbers of days" which i already created and which is also shown.
It could be that the e-commerce application is not updated yet for the
relatively new product type.
> - when an item is reserved for a customer (for rental), does the calendar in
> the webstore (product details) do block this date / period to choose for new
> rental customer?
could be, however the inventory will be zero, so it can not be given out
again
> - how do I handle, when the item to rent should also be to sell? I mean I
> have 2 categories (selling used items and rental items). This product shall
> be offered in both. After selling it should be blocked for rental (or empty
> stock) and if it is not sold but on customers side for rental it should be
> shown "out of stock" on the selling product
also inventory will take care of this.

Re: Product rental with shipping and selling

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
You might have a look at the product type:

Fixed Asset Usage For Rental of an asset which is shipped from and returned to inventory

Which does exactly what you want.

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de>.