Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr> on 2003/03/29 10:24:44 UTC

cocoon give empty page without error in log files

hi

there  is a problem with our cocoon instalation (cocoon 204) on tomcat
4.1.18)

this instalation serve 6 site with subsitepmap for each one

when tomcat start cocoon serve all 6 sites without problem or error in
log files

there is only one worning entry in core.log:

WARN    (2003-03-29) 09:52.37:587   [core.manager] (/xml/atlastrans.gr/)
Thread-80/ExcaliburComponentSelector: Looking up component on an
uninitialized ComponentLocator with hint
[/home/vhost/atlastrans.gr/conf/sitemap.xmap]

and THE PROBLEMS

1.

after some requests (after some days maybe)
and without to change or touch anything

cocoon give not the correct html output aor  an error page but an empty
page with only <body> tag

notice that cocoon answer corectly in ..:8080/cocoon/

the only solution to this problem is to stop start tomcat
(stop start cocoon as webapp dont solve the problem)

2.

some times if we change some content files (.xml) in a site
cocoon when try to compile (again) the sitemap give an out of memory error
page

again we have to stop start tomcat (without touch anything else) to solve
the problem

any idea ?
thnx

 -- Stavros S. Kounis
Development & Research Department
Osmosis - networks & consulting services

web:	http://www.osmosis.gr
email:	info@osmosis.gr

RE: AW: cocoon give empty page without error in log files

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
They're in WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf and have some hints about tuning them.  You
need to take into account what else is running on this server - not only
other webapps, but any other
process that is in memory.  You'll also need to do standard linux/java
tuning.

Geoff

Posted by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr>.
janitor?