Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2001/10/24 16:53:16 UTC

Cocoon2 Release Candidate?

I've been using Cocoon 1.8.2 in a production/live environment - and had some
problems with some strange exceptions being thrown when using a FreeBSD
virtual machine with JDK1.2.2.

Is Cocoon2 RC1a ready for production use?  I realize RC is a "Release
Candidate" - but would it be beneficial (and would it cause any problems)
switching over to Cocoon2 instead, to see if it fixes my problems?

Thanks,

- Brent

Upload file... working exemple?

Posted by Tiberiu Dondera <ti...@hotmail.com>.
Does anybody has a working exemple of a file upload with cocoon2 using
com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest?

I'm getting
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
upload_xsp:
Line 288, column 31:  Class javax.servlet.ServletRequest not found in new.
Line 352, column 44:  Undefined variable or class name: multi

with these lines...

   try {
      MultipartRequest multi = new MultipartRequest(request, tempUploadDir,
10*1024*1024);
   }catch (Exception e){
   }

Going one step forward, must I download the javax.servlet package and put it
in the WEB-INF/lib directory? Somehow that doesn't seem logic...

Any help (maybe this is not the right way to do file upload) will be much
appreciated...

Thanks in advance.
Tibi Dondera

Re: Cocoon2 Release Candidate?

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
Brent,

In my experience, anything over and including 2.0rc1a works better with
JDK 1.3.0/1. I don't know what your exceptions are, but I run Cocoon2
rc1a with Jdk 1.3 in production on several different OSs without problems.

Lajos
galatea.com