Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org> on 2016/12/05 08:52:31 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Curator

- The Apache Curator Java libraries make using Apache ZooKeeper much easier
and more reliable.

## Issues:
- Curator participated in the "help wanted" project. To date, we've not gotten
  any real help. People don't even bother to subscribe to the mailing list. It
  appears they are just fishing to see if they can pad their CVs. So, this
    isn't
  a Curator "issue" per se, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to report
  about it.

## Activity:
- Curator activity is normal for this period
- We continue to produce releases, field questions, etc.
- We continue to track releases of Apache ZooKeeper and try to stay current
  with it

## Health report:
- Curator is a healthy, active project. We have consistent, quality input from
the community and Curator usage continues to grow.
- I've learned that Facebook will be standardizing on Apache Curator as its
primary ZooKeeper client - good news!
- Curator's health is intimately tied to Apache ZooKeeper and, from our
perspective, Apache ZooKeeper is a very healthy project
- Curator could use 1 or 2 more active committers. A few individuals have been
identified and, assuming they continue to contribute, votes can take place

## PMC changes:

- Currently 11 PMC members.
- Last PMC addition was Mike Drob on Thu Jul 23 2015

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 11 committers.
- Last committer addition was Mike Drob at Fri Jul 24 2015

## Releases:

- Apache Curator 2.11.1 was released on Mon Nov 14 2016
- Apache Curator 3.2.1 was released on Mon Nov 14 2016

## Mailing list activity:

- TODO Please explain what the following statistics mean
  for the project. If there is nothing significant in the figures, omit this
  section.

- dev@curator.apache.org:

- user@curator.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: