Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/05 01:19:18 UTC

Re: Tapestry & Perf4J

Interesting. I actually built something backed by javasimon
(http://javasimon.webnode.com/), although instead of providing a UI
component I went the JMX integration route. My intention has been to
eventually present the project for integration into the tapestry
repository.

I posted the code here
(https://github.com/joshcanfield/tapestry-monitoring) so people can
take a look and decide if it's worthy...

Basically it's an annotation "@Monitor" which creates an MBean that
describes the activity for the annotated method. We use BigBrother to
monitor our services so keeping historical information on the server
being monitored was not a concern.

As an aside, I ran into some trouble getting @Match(*) to work from
the MonitorModule so currently I'm naming the services to be monitored
in each app's module class. Here's an example from my unit tests:

@Match("(HelloService|Renamed|One|Two|SubMonitored)")
public static void adviseForMonitoredServices(MethodAdviceReceiver
receiver, MonitorAdviser monitorAdviser) {
        monitorAdviser.monitor(receiver);
}

If anyone can fix that I'd appreciate it!

Josh