Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 00:03:38 UTC

Switching to Tuscany 1.6 release for Travel Sample

Hi,

I'm starting to change the Tuscany dependencies for TravelSample to be 1.6
(the latest 1.x release). Hopefully, we can release the tutorial in the near
future.

Thanks,
Raymond
---
Raymond Feng
Apache Tuscany PMC Member: http://tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany In Action (A book on Tuscany SCA):
http://tuscanyinaction.com/
www.enjoyjava.com
http://twitter.com/raymondfeng

Re: Switching to Tuscany 1.6 release for Travel Sample

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Raymond Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ended up with a simple change in the pom.xml to change the
> tuscany.version property to be 1.6. :-).
>
> Simon, you can go ahead to check in the changes. I'll merge mine with
> yours if it's not covered in your changes.

I have committed these 1.6-related changes under r906830.  My next step is
to update the README to document the new launchers that were recently added
to the travel sample.

   Simon

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
> Raymond Feng wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I plan to do it in trunk. I'm not sure if we really need to copy it to the
>> 1.6 branch because the intension is to release it separately on top of
>> Tuscany 1.6 (or 1.6.1) instead of being part of a Tuscany release.
>>
> I have some 1.6-related changes for the travel sample to remove the
> workarounds that are currently in there to allow it to run on 1.5.1,
> and I have some updates to the travel sample README that describe the
> steps for downloading and running the travel sample on 1.6.
>
> I have been holding off on all these changes because I haven't yet seen
> a release announcement for 1.6.  I was planning to go ahead and commit
> the changes as soon as 1.6 is available for download and on maven.

I have copied 1.6 release artifacts to proper distribution location
and maven repo and I'm waiting the replication period to send the
announcement (will be sending it tomorrow)...

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.