Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Deso Kule <th...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/31 02:51:35 UTC

How do I use James with a Firewall?

I have Norton Personal Firewall installed. I have written a JSP page that
uses James to send emails from the web. I keep receiving this message:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
  nested exception is:
	class javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: domain
: port

If the firewall is disabled then the mail is delivered.

Thanks
Nick

Re: How do I use James with a Firewall?

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.
You have to adjust your firewall. Both incoming and outgoing traffic of
James (or any other smtp server) goes through port 25.