Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/06/07 16:51:07 UTC

EC2/S3 API testing

Hi folks,

So I was talking with some of the Euca folks recently and they told me
they have an EC2/S3 test platform called Eutester, that essentially
runs a ton of tests by calling the EC2/S3 API calls against their
endpoints. Don't know if you find this useful or not, but it's located
here:

https://github.com/eucalyptus/eutester

--David

Re: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by David Chamard <da...@cloud.ca>.
This S3 compatibility test framework is actually pretty good( from the
inktank guys)

https://github.com/ceph/s3-tests

Re: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Very astute. Jclouds avoids SOAP like the plague, so it wouldn't help there.

-A

Re: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Re: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.

Re: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
My line of thinking is:

Re: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by Sam Robertson <Sa...@citrix.com>.

RE: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Kevin,

RE: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>.

RE: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
Thanks a lot for the info.

Re: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti
<su...@citrix.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> Active work is being done for AWS API tests. Sam is working on them
> S3 API Tests are checked in yesterday.
> We are trying to integrate them with build infrastructure.
>
> Thanks
> /Sudha

Can you share with us the plans around what is being done? It might be
something others could help with.

Also, unless I am not getting commit mails - no S3 API tests have been
checked in. I just looked and per the commit mails, Brian, Kelven and
I are the only folks who have committed to the repo in the past week.

--David

Re: EC2/S3 API testing

Posted by Sam Robertson <Sa...@citrix.com>.
We actually have both ec2 and s3 tests in the test suite Rajesh is using.
We need to massage them to work specifically with our supported commands
and environment, but we are basically good and should have these running
soon!

Sam

RE: EC2/S3 API testing

Re: EC2/S3 API testing