Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Alec Smecher <as...@home.com> on 2001/04/07 04:45:11 UTC

Tomcat supplying JSP source code

Hi,

I posted this to tomcat-user and didn't hear a peep, so I'll try here.
It looks like a bug, so this is the right place for it too.

If I use Netcat to send a raw request to Tomcat (directly, not thru
apache) that looks like the following:

GET /my/directory/my.jsp
<blank line>

I get the JSP source code spat out at me COMPLETELY unprocessed. (Note
that there should be a content type after the GET <url> command, which
appears to be why this is happening.)

What's going on?

Note: PLEASE email me any responses! I'm not subscribed to the
tomcat-dev mailing list!

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher@home.com

RE: Tomcat supplying JSP source code

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
It would help if you provided the version of Tomcat your using.

I'm pretty sure, however, that your running 3.2.1.  This particular bug has
already been fixed in 3.2.2.  However, don't rush out to download 3.2.2b2
because I'm just about to release 3.2.2b3 which fixes some additional
security problems.  Watch for the [ANNOUNCE] message for beta 3 and then
give it a try.