Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/10 14:42:06 UTC

[WAS Re: svn commit: r516704 - in /james/server/trunk: ./ pheonix-deployment/ pheonix-deployment/lib/ pheonix-deployment/tools/lib/ stage/ stage/activation/ stage/activation/jars/ stage/avalon-framework/ stage/avalon-framework/jars/ stage/avalon-logk

On 3/10/07, rdonkin@apache.org <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rdonkin
> Date: Sat Mar 10 05:19:53 2007
> New Revision: 516704

> Log:
> Moved libraries from deployment module into a first level directory called stage. Not sure that this is the right name but should be easy enough to change after discussion.

i chose 'stage' as a neutral name but now it's been done, i wonder
whether something else would have been better. the module builds will
create their jars in this directory to be picked up by deployments and
dependencies. so, in some ways it's used as a staging directory but
most of the artifacts stored there are just libraries.

so perhaps 'lib' might be a better choice.

opinions?

- robert

Re: [WAS Re: svn commit: r516704 - in /james/server/trunk: ./ pheonix-deployment/ pheonix-deployment/lib/ pheonix-deployment/tools/lib/ stage/ stage/activation/ stage/activation/jars/ stage/avalon-framework/ stage/avalon-framework/jars/ stage/avalon-logk

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
The stage is imho really similar to what maven calls repository.

If I had to chose the name I would use "repos"/"repository" or something
similar, but I have no problems at all with "stage" and "lib" or
anything else :-)

Stefano

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> opinions?

A documented end game, so we can see the plan?
http://wiki.apache.org/james/Development/Modularisation (Oh those Brit's and
their 's' where it should be 'z' :-p) is not sufficient for this purpose.

	--- Noel