Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> on 2014/04/28 22:07:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] CloudStack Release-Notes docs on RTD

Since CS 4.3 release notes are on RST format hosted on
readthedocs.org(RTD) and available from github repo.

RTD allow us to provide version of documentation to follow the software
version by using git branches or tags.

In order to provide Release notes for multiple CloudStack Version we would
use Git Branches in the RN gitrepo (
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn) for each CloudStack Release.
 master would be use the the next version and will not be visible on RTD.

Sebastien did update the GIT repo to create the branch 4.3 which is now the
default visible release-note on RTD. so now if you look at the release note
the version is 4.3 and not latest.

I will use the master branch to start the Release note of 4.4, if we need
to apply correction to the 4.3 release note we could do it in the branch
4.3 or in master and cherrypick.

In the case we would have 2 releases in progress in the same time (ex:
4.3.1) we could have a new branch 4.3.1 and update this branch directly.

ref: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes

Pierre-Luc Dion
855-OK-CLOUD (855-652-5683) x1101
- - -

*CloudOps*420 rue Guy
Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
www.cloudops.com
@CloudOps_

Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack Release-Notes docs on RTD

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 28, 2014, at 10:07 PM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:

> Since CS 4.3 release notes are on RST format hosted on
> readthedocs.org(RTD) and available from github repo.
>
> RTD allow us to provide version of documentation to follow the software
> version by using git branches or tags.
>
> In order to provide Release notes for multiple CloudStack Version we would
> use Git Branches in the RN gitrepo (
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn) for each CloudStack Release.
> master would be use the the next version and will not be visible on RTD.
>
> Sebastien did update the GIT repo to create the branch 4.3 which is now the
> default visible release-note on RTD. so now if you look at the release note
> the version is 4.3 and not latest.
>
> I will use the master branch to start the Release note of 4.4, if we need
> to apply correction to the 4.3 release note we could do it in the branch
> 4.3 or in master and cherrypick.
>
> In the case we would have 2 releases in progress in the same time (ex:
> 4.3.1) we could have a new branch 4.3.1 and update this branch directly.
>
> ref: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes

I tweaked things a bit:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes

Will bring you to the 4.3 branch

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3/

You can also see the master branch:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/master/

And the japanese version is starting to build as well:

http://cloudstack-release-notes.readthedocs.org/ja/4.3/

(but the URL changes, which is a known RTD issue)