Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sagar <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/02 22:35:36 UTC

[users@httpd] "redirect to maintenance page"

Hi All,
I need to make configuration on Apache installed on Windows Server 2003. To
redirect to maintenance page.
I have three application A, B and C. I access these application as
http://<server-name>/<aplication
name> for example http://<server-name>/A
I have made a common maintenance redirect for error 404 and 500 and this
redirects when any application goes down.
Now I want to configure in such a way if my application A goes down then
webserver should redirect a page which I have made for Application A and it
would display "Application A is down for maintenance."
Similarly if Application page B goes down it should redirect the some other
maintenance page created for application B and C as well.

Thanks
Sunil

Re: [users@httpd] "redirect to maintenance page"

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Sagar <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I need to make configuration on Apache installed on Windows Server 2003. To
> redirect to maintenance page.
> I have three application A, B and C. I access these application as
> http://<server-name>/<aplication name> for example http://<server-name>/A
> I have made a common maintenance redirect for error 404 and 500 and this
> redirects when any application goes down.
> Now I want to configure in such a way if my application A goes down then
> webserver should redirect a page which I have made for Application A and it
> would display "Application A is down for maintenance."
> Similarly if Application page B goes down it should redirect the some other
> maintenance page created for application B and C as well.

If I understand your question, the answer may be as simple as
<Location /A>
ErrorDocument 500 /errors/A500.html
</Location>
<Location /B>