Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2002/03/20 00:13:55 UTC

Host.java an unconnected gear?

How is the Host.java class used in Tomcat?  It is never implemented by some
class.  Is it a gear connected to nothing?  What is up?  I don't know the
dynamics of how this class works.  Obviously, it is important, but a
mystery to me.

Micael

Re: Host.java an unconnected gear?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Micael Padraig Og mac Grene wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:13:55 -0800
> From: Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Host.java an unconnected gear?
>
> How is the Host.java class used in Tomcat?  It is never implemented by some
> class.  Is it a gear connected to nothing?  What is up?  I don't know the
> dynamics of how this class works.  Obviously, it is important, but a
> mystery to me.

Which Tomcat version?  In Tomcat 4, the org.apache.catalina.Host interface
is most definitely used -- it's standard implementation class is
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost, and corresponds to a <Host> element
in the server.xml file.

> Micael

Craig