Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@hyperreal.org> on 1997/08/02 22:58:02 UTC

Re: os-solaris/941: Problems in source code when using Sun's CC

Synopsis: Problems in source code when using Sun's CC

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Sat Aug  2 13:58:02 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
It appears like SC3 is quite broken.  SC4.x works without
any such problems.

I am not exactly sure why removing the consts you list helps
you, because there are a bunch more in other files.  If
it doesn't understand const, then it is not an ANSI compiler
and we don't really support such things.

Does it define __SUNPRO_C=0x301 or something similar?  We
will not make most of the changes you suggest just to deal
with such a broken compiler, but we may be able to work around
them if we can detect it.