Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Swapna Vuppala <sw...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/26 07:10:02 UTC

Secure search in Solr

Hi Karl,

I have had everything working when I worked earlier with ManifoldCF 0.5 and
Solr 3.6.

I tried to move to the new versions and started configuring ManifoldCF
1.1.1 and Solr 4.1.
Everything worked well and I was able to define all connections in
ManifoldCF and ran jobs and the files got indexed into Solr.

But the document-level secure integration with Solr is not working for me.
I mean, after modifying the solr schema and configuring the
search component in solrconfig.xml, am not able to see any results in solr.

To confirm if mcf is working properly, I tried the command

curl "
http://localhost:8080/mcf-authority-service/UserACLs?username=swapna.vuppala@global.arup.com
"

and it gives me

USERNOTFOUND:AD
TOKEN:AD:DEAD_AUTHORITY

which was not the case earlier.

Can you please tell me under what circumstances I would be getting such
thing or what have I missed in configuring mcf?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.

Re: Secure search in Solr

Posted by Swapna Vuppala <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

You were right. While defining the connection, unknowingly I had added a
domain controller rule specifying some Domain suffix.
After removing the rule, am getting the results properly from curl command.
And the results are being shown in Solr as well.

Thanks again for the quick help,

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.

Re: Secure search in Solr