Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marko Asplund <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/22 14:19:32 UTC

Problems using t:tree2

hi

I'm having problems figuring out how to use the t:tree2 action.

I've populated a TreeModelBase with TreeNodeBase objects and added the
model object to a backing bean. The tree is properly rendered, expands
and collapses when using server-side toggle.

My problem is that when i toggle a node, the form is posted to the
server and i don't know how to distinguish between tree toggle and
form button click events in the backing bean. How can i separate the
two events?

Here's how i use tree2:

<t:tree2 id="tree" value="#{treeModel.tree}" var="node"
clientSideToggle="false">
<f:facet name="document">
<h:outputText value="#{node.description}"/>
</f:facet>
</t:tree2>

I also tried setting clientSideToggle to true in the above fragment
but when i try to click the expand icon in the the root node nothing
happens. Any ideas on what could be wrong? The MyFaces
ExtensionsFilter should be properly configured.

Re: Problems using t:tree2

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Why do you need to tell the difference? You should have a
actionListener or action on your commandButton or commandLink
components if you want to know if they have been clicked. The only
other way is to override the tree toggle action method on the UITree
object or set your own varTreeToggler (or whatever that attribute is
called)