Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nasseam Elkarra <na...@bodukai.com> on 2009/09/25 21:19:31 UTC

Hierarchical Facet Field Prefix Not Working

Hello all,

We are using the patch from SOLR-64 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-64
) to implement hierarchical facets for categories. We are trying to
use the facet.prefix to prevent all categories from coming back.
However, f.category.facet.prefix doesn't work. Using facet.prefix
works but prevents the other facets from coming back since it is a
global option. Are per facet options supported on hierarchical facet
fields? If not, how can I get a specific category and it's children
without getting the surrounding categories?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Nasseam Elkarra
http://bodukai.com/boutique/
The fastest possible shopping experience.

Re: Hierarchical Facet Field Prefix Not Working

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Hi Nasseam,

I think per field parameter for facet.prefix should be worked
on hierarchical facet fields by briefly looking at the patch.
And I can get same facet results by:

&facet=on&facet.field=hiefacet&facet.prefix=A/B/

and

&facet=on&facet.field=hiefacet&f.hiefacet.facet.prefix=A/B/

when using sample data in the thread SOLR-64.
It is likely I'm missing something.

Koji