Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Shai Simchi <Sh...@invoke.com> on 2004/12/19 14:13:35 UTC

Chainsaw - problems with socketappender

Hi !
a few months ago (around august) I ran chainsaw using socketappender to receive log messaged from a few machines.
recently, I have downloaded and built the new Chainsaw v2.0.
I am having some problems:
1) for some reason, a second after I c the messaged "connection received from "machine name.domain.com" the connection is lost and no new tab is opened for messaged from that machine.
2) additionally, on some older version of chainsaw I configured a socketappender on a specific host and only one tab would open for all machines that are appending to that port.
on working version im dealing with (not the last one as I wrote in #1) I get a different tab for each machine with the hostname as the name of the tab.

any ideas ?

thanks,

Shai Simchi
Invoke Solutions Ltd.