Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sean Champ <sp...@me.com> on 2012/05/30 23:47:28 UTC

Jackrabbit wiki - FrontPage links spammed

Hi all,

I was visiting the Jackrabbit wiki, today, when I noticed that at the FrontPage, the links for the respective JCR specs are not going to the JCR specs, now, but rather, appear to have been spammed.

I'm not aware of how to retrieve a history of the page, offhand, or I might be able to fix the matter, immediately, myself..

On the Jackrabbit wiki FrontPage, the link for JSR 283 now goes  to http://tinyurl.com/7ok6td3 which redirects to http://carinsurancecomparisonhelp.com/

The JSR 170 link goes to http://www.oro-compro.com/ via http://tinyurl.com/cxoz8tb

At that page, those appear to be the only two spammed links. Searching the Wiki - full text - for tinyurl.com, the wiki's search engine returns only that FrontPage, so I presume that that may be the only page affected as such.

So, I wanted to make an advisory note to the mailing list, about the matter, in hope that someone may be able to retrieve a history of the page and/or to restore those links onto the respective JSR pages. It appears that I cannot perform that operation, myself, on that immutable page. So, I wanted to send a note about it, at the least.

Cheers,

- Sean

Re: Jackrabbit wiki - FrontPage links spammed

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
Hi Sean,

Thanks for finding this. This has been fixed in the meanwhile. It was a
leftover of an earlier spamming which slipped through. However this
shouldn't happen again since we now require write privileges for editing
the Wiki. Send a note to the @dev list if you need write privileges.

Michael