Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben Yau <by...@cardcommerce.com> on 2004/01/02 23:41:52 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Apache/Redhat Simple AuthType Basic notworking :( help please

Hi there.
Thanks for your reply.  I thought that at first as well . however, if that
is the case, shouldn't I at least get authenticated by the AuthType in the
first <Directory>  (/home/www) container?  I'm not getting asked for any
username/password which is puzzling, either by the first virtualhost
(/home/www) or the one i'm wanting to work
(/home/www/reports.auto-rebates.com).  Although they are both in different
VirtualHost containers (/home/www = www.escrip.com
/home/www/reports.auto-rebates.com = reports.auto-rebates.com )

(Yes the setup is a bit strange ...  I see that :) It's my second week here
ha ha)

Thanks!
Ben Y