Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 14:26:21 UTC

Re: svn commit: r942676 - in /lucene/dev/trunk/lucene: ./ src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/codecs/preflex/ src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/codecs/standard/ src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/ src/java/org/apache/lucene/util/ src/java/org/apache/lucen

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 3:47 AM, <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: mikemccand
> Date: Mon May 10 07:47:12 2010
> New Revision: 942676

> Log:
> LUCENE-2449: add 'knob' (-Drandom.multiplier=N, defaults to 1) to tune up
> how much random testing is done; fix sneaky bugs (workaround java's bug in
> new String(int[], int, int); nasty key reuse bug in DBLRUCache) that this
> deeper testing uncovered

Should we look at cranking this a bit for hudson (maybe even a conservative
value like N=3)? This would run a lot of these random tests differently,
bigger indexes and what not and might catch something that we can't.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

We can start w/ 3 and see how long Hudson takes?

We also have to figure out why are builds are mysteriously failing!

Mike