Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Diogo Bastos <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/21 11:28:18 UTC

Enormous file size for an empty table

Good morning,

I've been starting to use Derby only a few weeks ago so I'm still very
"green" on a lot of things concerning it.

One of the problems I've been having so far is that I have a table that is
taking me something like 1.2Gb of hard drive space - but here's the catch:
that table is empty!

Is this normal? Have I probably done something wrong?

I would appreciate if someone could help me out on this.

Thanks in advance,
Diogo

Re: Enormous file size for an empty table

Posted by Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM>.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefaltertablecompress.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefproceduresinplacecompress.html