Posted to users@felix.apache.org by dawg <zo...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/27 17:54:52 UTC

On the fly web service from OSGi service in felix

Hi,

I'm not sure this could be done, but worth asking... I'd like to listen to
services being added to OSGi (especially UPnP device services) and expose
them dynamically as web services (axis2 possibly). I'm aware of the
DynamicJava axis2-OSGi work
(http://www.dynamicjava.org/posts/running-axis2-in-osgi), but I don't think
it helps in my case. The reasoning behind exposing service as web service is
to enable its natural composition in BPEL.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Re: On the fly web service from OSGi service in felix

Posted by Stéphane Jeanjean <st...@softeam.com>.
Hello,

Perhaps, you could use the Service Tracker :
http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v41/org/osgi/util/tracker/ServiceTracker.html

Stéphane

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Not sure about Axis, but you can do exactly this with the CXF DOSGi
implementation. See here: http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi.html

Cheers,

David